BECA Policy and Priorities
- Policy: Develop policy platforms and represent them to the Australian Government and relevant agencies on behalf of the Business Events sector
- Advocate: Proactively represent the Business Events sector and respond to and lobby the Australian Government on its policies that may impact on the Business Events sector
- Research: Be the catalyst for research on the economic benefit of the Business Events sector
- Communicate: with the stakeholders via the extensive network of BECA member channels
- Knowledge: Provide a forum for members to exchange information and share expertise to grow the Business Events sector
- Collaboration: Engage with other organisations to formulate business events policy platforms and research
COVID-19 Business Events Response and Recovery Framework
BECA is urgently leading a coordinated approach engaging the Government to develop a COVID-19 Business Events Response and Recovery Framework. In line with the Government’s own principles for stimulus and industry support measures, the framework aims to sustain the business events industry over the next 12 months and position it to rebound and grow effectively following the pandemic.
COVIDSafe Guidelines for the Business Events Industry
BECA has formally established a Safety and Hygiene Subcommittee to ensure the business events industry is ready to safely restart and that government and the public can be confident that restrictions can be lifted.
Federal Election 2019 - Policy Submission
Business events stimulate the visitor economy; however, their impact is much more far-reaching. We invite the Australian government to support the business events industry and get behind this mighty economic powerhouse.
BECA presented a pre-budget submission welcoming the opportunity to contribute to the discussions and development of the 2018-19 Federal Budget.