Coronavirus – Federal Government Support
Coronavirus Information and Resources
The Australian Government’s Economic Response is aimed at supporting households and businesses and addressing the significant economic consequences of coronavirus.
Specific information on eligibility, criteria and timings can be found at www.business.gov.au and the latest announcements relating to coronavirus can be found at www.australia.gov.au and on the Department of Health website.
The Department of Health has also released a range of public health campaign materials for businesses to use.
Businesses can also contact the Australian Taxation Office Emergency Support Infoline on 1800 806 218 or visit their www.ato.gov.au for more information.
The Australian Government has also established a communication channels for businesses and individuals to provide information, advice and access to resources. You can call the Government Operations Contact Centre on 13 28 46 or email the Coronavirus Business Liaison Unit at CoronavirusBusinessLiaison@treasury.gov.au
The Government’s economic response targets three areas:
Support for Businesses
- Backing business investment
- Boosting cash flow for employers
- Coronavirus SME Guarantee Scheme
- Commercial tenancies and code of conduct
- Export Capital Facility
- Export Market Development Grants Program
- Health and safety advice for travel, transport and hotel industries
- JobKeeper payment
- Increasing the instant asset write-off
- Support for coronavirus affected regions and communities
- Supporting apprentices and trainees
- Support for sole traders
- Supporting the flow of credit
- Support for zoos and aquariums
- Temporary changes to the foreign investment framework
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses
- Work health and safety guidelines and tools