Business Event Case Studies
DEMONSTRATING THE BENEFITS OF BUSINESS EVENTS
BECA is calling for the Australian industry to provide case studies of successful events which can demonstrate outcomes. Conference, exhibition and incentive event organisers are asked to nominate events which show the broader economic and social benefits business events can deliver: in particular, the legacy of the event beyond the visitor spend.
Have you organised an event recently which achieved a positive outcome which would not have otherwise occured?
Your event may have achieved outcomes in the following areas:
Social contribution to community: for example,
- exposure of local biz people/professionals/academics to international standard program/specific international speakers who would otherwise not be in Australia
- any CSR policies associated with the conference which benefited the community, including "green" initiatives, charities supported, scholarships
- any regional dispersal of delegates and accompanying persons
- evidence of rise in global profile/reputation of Australia in relevant area
- any benefits arising from event publicity
Economic benefits beyond destination spend: for example,
- Trade business written as a direct result of the event
- New opportunities for product development or exposure to international market
- Business networking examples which led to future business opportunities
- Study tours associated with event to showcase local product/services
- Profits from event reinvested in research, further education or similar causes
HELP US HELP YOU
Help us build the profile of our sector by providing material we can use to build our advocacy program for the industry.
If you are prepared to provide information about your event which can be used as a case study, please contact BECA with your suggestions.
Email us on email@example.com