About the Business Events Council of Australia (BECA)
The Business Events Council of Australia (BECA) was formed in 1994 as a peak industry body, providing a single voice for the business events sector to liaise with the federal government and relevant agencies on matters common to all segments of the industry. It was originally known as the MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions) Industry Council, until the new term "Business Events" was adopted in 2000.
The Council provides a formalised umbrella structure for the key industry associations operating in the Australian business events sector. It develops industry positions on issues of common interest, and communicates those views to government and relevant agencies. BECA also provides a forum for the industry associations to exchange information and cooperate on appropriate matters, with a view to strengthening and growing the business events sector in Australia.
Over the past 17 years since its formation BECA has successfully united the various industry segments to present a cohesive industry front for Australia.
In recent years the business events industry has faced many changes and challenges and the role of BECA has become more important to bringing the industry together as one united voice. The challenges have provided definition to our role and given strength to the direction we are taking. We are looking forward to addressing these challenges and continuing to provide a strong voice for the industry.
Mission – Purpose
As the peak industry body, unite the various Business Events industry segments, to liaise with the Australian government and relevant agencies on matters common to all segments of the Business Events industry.
Industry Stakeholders and Global Industry Associations
- Tourism Research Australia
- Tourism Australia
- Business Events Australia
- Tourism & Transport Forum
- Australian Tourism Export Council
- Australian Federation of Travel Agents
- National Tourism Alliance
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Society of Independent Show Organizers
- Center for Exhibition Industry Research
- International Association of Professional Congress Organisers
- International Congress and Convention Association
- International Association of Exhibitions and Events